Each year, Baylor University awards more than $7.5 million of generous scholarships to high-achieving attendees at the following programs:
- Getterman Scholars Program
- Invitation to Excellence
- Baylor2Baylor Medical Program
- Baylor2Baylor Law Program
- Baylor2Baylor Seminary Program
- Distinguished Scholars Day
For the 2021-2022 year, we will offer a hybrid of virtual and in-person offerings to accommodate all prospective students interested in a scholarship program. Fall events will be primarily virtual, with a few exceptions. Spring events will primarily be in-person, with a few exceptions. Baylor’s scholarship programs offer an in-depth, high-quality experience and the same amount of scholarship offerings as years past, but with added safety and flexibility for students and families.
Prospective freshmen students will have the opportunity to be awarded multiple scholarships:
- Each program has specific scholarship levels that participants will be considered for at the conclusion of the program.
- Each student who fully completes one or more scholarship programs will be awarded a one-time $1,000 scholarship, regardless of the number of programs completed.
- All participants will be considered for additional Baylor scholarships geared toward high-achieving students.
How should I apply?
- First, submit an application to Baylor.
- After you’ve submitted your application to Baylor, you’ll gain access to your personal goBAYLOR portal.
- The 2022 Scholarship Program Application will be in your goBAYLOR portal under the “Connect & Visit” tab.
- Keep in mind, you can make changes to your application up until you click Submit. After submission, changes can not be made.
- Note: If you opt into providing your test scores on your Baylor admissions application, your test scores will be considered as part of your Scholarship Programs Application. If you opt out of providing your test scores on your Baylor admission application, your test scores will not be considered as part of your Scholarship Programs Application.
How do I know what programs I might qualify for?
Students should review specific program descriptions to learn more about the academic profile of students who are typically accepted into each program. Then apply for the programs that sound like a good match with your academic record. Whether you are applying to one or multiple programs, you will submit only one application.
Note: Baylor Scholarship Programs are only available for qualified prospective freshmen students. If you are considering Baylor as a transfer, you can explore other scholarship opportunities available to you on our Transfer Academic Scholarships webpage.
What if I’m interested in more than one program?
That’s perfectly fine! Students can apply to any and all of the programs that they think best suit them. The application will list all of the scholarship programs and ask students to check a box next to the ones they are interested in. Remember: It’s okay to check more than one program — just be prepared to submit all the specific requirements for each program as you’re filling out the application and pay close attention to the academic profile and qualifications of each program.
What is the timeline for the scholarship programs?
There will be two rounds of scholarship programs. Some programs will be offered in both rounds, while others are only available one time during the academic year. See the Requirements & Important Dates section below. It is important to note that Round 1 will mainly be virtual options only, while Round 2 will offer in-person programs. Please make sure to apply for the program that aligns with the arrangement you want.
If I apply, and I am accepted into one or more programs, what are the requirements to participate?
If students are accepted into a program, they must register for that program as a formal indication that they intend to fully participate.
There will be a checklist of program requirements to complete in the student’s goBAYLOR account.
Generally speaking, students who participate in a scholarship program must do the following:
- Attend an official on-campus visit.
- Engage in an academic experience led by Baylor faculty.
- Submit an essay after the Faculty session. (Essay prompt will be provided by the academic unit.)
*Depending on the program, there could be additional requirements. These will be visible in goBAYLOR as an additional checklist item to complete.
When will I be notified if I am a scholarship recipient?
For a timeline of when students will be informed of selections, see the Requirements & Important Dates section below.